Lewis and clark expidetion
Lewis and clark started on their famous journey to explore the west on september 14, 1804 (bakeless 41) they started out in large boats from st louis, missouri. The lewis and clark expedition offers several ways to discover the places that tell the story of the corps of discovery each highlighted site features a brief description of the place's historic significance, color photographs, and public. Idaho state historical society search visit our sites ishs captains lewis and clark hoped there would be easy river passage to the after killing a stray indian horse and hanging it in a tree to feed the hungry expedition when it came along, clark emerged from the forest onto the. Marked locations where lewis and clark sited the volcanoes of lewis and clark 2002, and the lewis & clark expedition website, 2002 about the early 1:125,000 topographic maps: washington 1:125,000 topographic quadrangles.
The triumphant return of the lewis and clark expedition. Evaluation use authentic assessment based on students' participation in coopera-tive learning groups and whole group practice teacher monitoring of stu. The lewis and clark expedition (1804-1806) was the first united states transcontinental expedition and second overland journey to the pacific coast, following the 1793 expedition by the scotman alexander mackenzie, who reached the pacific from montreal commissioned by president thomas jefferson. Lewis and clark expedition: lewis and clark expedition, us military expedition (1804-06) to explore the louisiana purchase and the pacific northwest.
The lewis and clark expedition was an expedition by meriwether lewis (1774-1809) and william clark (1770-1838), two men chosen by united states president thomas jefferson to explore the louisiana purchase, which the country had just bought from france. This collection uses primary sources to explore the lewis and clark expedition. This website makes available the text of the celebrated nebraska edition of the lewis and clark journals, edited by gary e moulton.
Lewis and clark expidetion
Learn the history behind lewis and clark's great western expedition, including what they ate, how far they traveled and the expedition's major discoveries along the way see the lewis and clark expedition timeline.
- Cultural significance sacagawea is known to be an important part of lewis and clark expedition, which is well known in the american public imagination.
- The lewis and clark expedition from may 1804 to september 1806, also known as the corps of discovery expedition, was the first american expedition to cross what is now the western portion of the united states.
- The bicentennial of the lewis and clark expedition and the potential extension of the lewis and clark national historic trail.
- Firearms of the lewis and clark expedition: a summary by s k wier the lewis and clark expedtion rifle: the contract rifle of 1792 (harpers ferry national historical park.
- Thomas jefferson commissioned the lewis and clark expedition in 1803 to explore the northwest territory in order to observe a transcontinental route and natural resources.
Sites are listed geographically and chronologically as they were encountered, except where noted in italics you can also explore them with a strictly chronological list. Were there any deaths among the expedition during the trip lewis & clark online exhibit state historical society of north dakota. The role of lewis and clark expedition in the history of the united states of america. The following lessons, activities, and resources for grades 6-8 will let students examine the expedition and its discoveries from the view points of the expedition members and the native americans who helped them along the way. Captain meriwether lewis (1774 - 1809) born 18 august 1774 near charlottesville, albermale county, virginia parents: william lewis and lucy meriwether.